These Terms & Conditions were last updated: 2nd May 2020
Information about us
ppemaker.net is a site operated by PPE maker network (“We”).
We are a not-for-profit constituted group, providing information services, operating in England and Wales. As a result, we are not regulated under employment law and in the UK, the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 or other employment agency laws do not apply to us.
Accessing our site
We reserve the right to withdraw and amend the information published on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to visitors.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
When using our site, you shall not:
Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; interfere with the proper working of the services we provide or any activities conducted on the services; attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the services; run any form of auto-responder or ‘spam’ on the services; use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the site; harvest or scrape any Content from the services; or otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
It is also not allowed to: decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the services, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the services; or copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder.
You shall abide by all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged if you intend to utilise it elsewhere, with our permission.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We try to keep PPE maker network running at all times, but we cannot guarantee to do so. We cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Website as it may be interfered with by factors outside of our control.
We also try to make sure that all the information that we place on PPE maker network is accurate, but we cannot guarantee this either.
To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
loss of income or revenue;
loss of business;
loss of profits or contracts;
loss of anticipated savings;
loss of data;
loss of goodwill;
Waiver of Liability
We accept no liability in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise arising under or in connection with your involvement with our organisation or in relation to any Personal Protective Equipment, materials, tools, machinery or tasks that follow your use of PPE maker network save that our liability shall not exclude any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
Individuals and groups/organisations featured on PPE maker network – Disclaimer and Waiver of Liability
This is a disclaimer and waiver of liability which PPE maker network (“we” or “our”) has created for individuals and groups/organisations featured on PPE maker network (“you”), which forms part of our terms and conditions in relation to your involvement with our organisation.
We are a not-for-profit constituted group which has been set up in this time of national crisis to provide information that helps with the creation and provision of Personal Protective Equipment to frontline non-NHS workers.
Any activities connected with your participation with our organisation are undertaken entirely at your own risk:
· You must be aged 18 or over to feature on PPE maker network
· Your participation in making and supplying PPE or other protective items with our organisation, by its nature, including travelling to collect/deliver PPE, materials, tools, machinery or other protective items increases your risk of contracting SARS-CoV-2 virus. We do not accept responsibility should you or anyone connected with you including anyone working within your organisation, other third parties or anyone connected with them contract the SARS-CoV-2 virus as a result of actions taken in connection with PPE maker network. We will also not assume any responsibility should you or anyone connected with you, including members of your organisation or other third parties or anyone connected with them suffer any illness, injury or damage through your participation with our organisation
· PPE maker network works to provide information on people who are making PPE and other protective items, people who can supply PPE and other protective items, people who want to offer help (to make PPE or other protective items or to collect/deliver them) and people who need PPE or other protective items. We do not take any responsibility for the items made. You must ensure independently that any PPE or other protective items you make (or help with in any way) meet the regulations and standards of quality, safety and efficacy required by its intended user. This means you must do your own research and not assume any items publicised on PPE maker network will meet the regulations and standards required.
· We do advise, that if you do have a condition as listed here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults or that you have been advised to follow more stringent social distancing precautions or shielding, that you do not partake in interacting with third parties as a result of using PPE maker network. Please consider whether there are any other individuals within your household or within your team or organisation or other third parties or anyone connected with them who may be at risk (for confidentiality reasons do not share their details with us). Please ensure that you take all necessary precautions for yourself and the other individuals listed above, including any provided by your organisation (if involved with one).
· We do not take responsibility for yours (or other people within your organisation) or third party’s personal security in relation to any activities you undertake in connection with using PPE maker network.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading material (“User Content”) to our site
You shall not (and shall not permit) any third party to either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content, Role, or Proposal on or through the services we provide, including without limitation any User Content, that:
infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate; is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
constitutes unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (“spamming”); contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party; impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; or includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We reserve the right, but do not have any obligation, to remove, edit, modify or block any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason or for no reason at all.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page without our express permission. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Links from our site
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Changes to terms
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please report it to us.